Senior Technical Artist (Effects)
Imagendary Studios is seeking a highly skilled and talented Senior Technical Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games. The ideal candidate will support the art team by helping bring scenes to life with effects and animation while also keeping everything running smoothly.
- Work closely with directors and designers to create prototypes and complex special effects.
- Help development and come up with various techniques or tools to bring high quality visual effects into the real-time engine.
- Help bridge the gap between Houdini and real-time engine (Unreal) to develop tools transferring the effect works while maintaining the highest quality.
- Help establish content creation guidelines and procedures.
- Work closely with software engineers and visual effects Artists to develop tools for the effects pipeline.
- Clean up art assets and evaluate them for technical issues before implementing them in game or animation.
- Evaluate effect works in real-time engine (Unreal) and address technical issues that may arise.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years of professional experience in the game/film industry as a Technical Artist focusing on effects.
- Strong knowledge and experience using effects tools, such as both Houdini and Unreal Engine.
- Strong knowledge of effects pipelines for high end AAA games and cinematic animation.
- Proficiency in technical problem solving.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or Film production.
- Experience programming in Python, C++, C#, MEL, or other programming languages.
- Art skills, such as animation or modeling.
- Familiarity with combat, environment, and character design workflows.
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Imagendary Studios is a next generation AAA development studio. Committed to the development of high-quality animation and AAA games, Imagendary currently leads a global team with two office locations in Irvine, California and Xuhui, Shanghai. Driven by an ambition to break the barriers between traditional films and games, Imagendary is dedicated to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experiences to gamers and audiences across the world.