Senior Lighting Artist
Imagendary Studios is looking for a highly-skilled Senior Lighting Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and films. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate a thorough understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting principles and requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting environments based on personal vision and conceptual illustrations.
- Working with art direction, create compelling lighting for a variety of indoor and outdoor environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game or film.
- Working closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
- Ensure that lighting assets meet runtime and disk budgeting requirements.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- Use your extensive expertise in lighting to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Function as part of a fast-paced close-knit team: collaborate with artists and tech to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years of professional game and/or film development experience, lighting a variety of real-time environments with in-game constraints and techniques.
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail, knowledge of color theory and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods.
- In-depth knowledge of physically based lighting.
- Thorough understanding of real-time lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, sub surface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions).
- Able to filter and evaluate artistic critiques on a professional level.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development in regards to lighting support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a senior lighting artist.
- Experience lighting with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience lighting pre-rendered film or animation.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or VFX/Film production.
- Passionate gamer with experience playing a wide range of video games.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Imagendary Studios is a next generation AAA development studio. Committed to the development of high-quality animation and AAA games, Imagendary currently leads a global team with two office locations in Irvine, California and Xuhui, Shanghai. Driven by an ambition to break the barriers between traditional films and games, Imagendary is dedicated to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experiences to gamers and audiences across the world.